Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Reflection #9

I found an article just recently that discussed the integration of technology in the classroom.  One point it brought up (and the main point I focused on) was how the internet has opened up a world of research to students.  Before the internet could be accessed in each classroom, students would use the library as their only source for research.  While libraries are indeed a good thing, students run the risk of happening upon very outdated information.  The accessibility of the internet, however, has put some of the newest information literally at the students' fingertips.

As obvious of a concept as this may be, I hadn't given it much thought until reading this article.  I think I've completely taken the ease and availability of the internet for granted.  

One thing to remember (as a review): the internet is not fail-safe.  Accessible information isn't always good information.  I think moderation and integration between electronic and print information is key.

1 comment:

  1. I agree the internet has made looking up information so much more efficiently and faster,but let's say that the internet crashes then we will have to go back to the old ways which are probably the most reliable ways of looking up information.

    ReplyDelete