Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week #13

Between Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, I use Word the most.  I do, however, have a need to use the other two programs on occasion.  Here are the main features I use for each.

Word
  • Basic word processing
  • Spelling/grammar check
  • Thesaurus
  • Tables/charts
  • Formatting tools
Excel
  • Sort features
  • Grids
  • List techniques
Powerpoint
  • Document templates
  • Color scheme palates
  • Slide transitions
Project ideas

Word
  1. Type a story they had prewritten
  2. Revise sentences using tools on Word
  3. Create a table to organize their task list etc
Excel
  1. Alphabetize a list they type using the feature on Excel
  2. Create a chart of their grades
  3. Create a chart of pages read per day
Powerpoint
  1. Design a slideshow of photos using a certain number of transitions and slides
  2. Create a slide template to use in a report of some type
  3. Create a slideshow with graphs or tables of collected data

No comments:

Post a Comment