I read this article on Blooms Taxonomy:
Blooms Taxonomy of Learning Domains
I saw the clearest connections for technology integration in the Psychomotor Domain. Here are the highlights:
Set: Readiness to act. It includes mental, physical, and emotional sets. These three sets are dispositions that predetermine a person's response to different situations (sometimes called mindsets).
I see the most connections in the physical set. The first example of Sets listed in the article refer to following a set of instructions. Within technology, there are MANY sets of instructions to follow - everything from finding a website to creating an Excel document, it is essential to follow sets of instructions.
Guided Response: The early stages in learning a complex skill that includes imitation and trial and error. Adequacy of performance is achieved by practicing.
I really keyed in on the trial and error element. When a student learns a new computer game, they often use trial and error to figure it out. While not all things can be learned via trial and error, it seems that when students are given enough information to explore and see what they can figure out, they retain well and ultimately are stronger in that area.
Adaptation: Skills are well developed and the individual can modify movement patterns to fit special requirements.
Adaptation is essential in today's ever-changing technological world. Perhaps it's the adults who have to work the hardest to adapt, but students are in one way or another challenged by changing technology.
After reading through this article, Blooms Taxonomy undoubtedly shares connections with integrating technology.
No comments:
Post a Comment