Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Reflection #8

The point of this class is to think about how to integrate technology into our future classrooms.  I agree that technology is quite useful and beneficial, especially among our "Digital Native" students who understand and relate to technological methods well.  However, what about the classes that do not utilize technology?  Is the lack of technology in these classes useful and beneficial as well?

For example, in choir a couple days ago, I realized that we use essentially no technology besides sheet music and a piano.  There are no CD players, no microphones and no other electronic devises.   I found this lack of technology to be rather refreshing, and began to wonder - is it just as important to take a break from technology as it is to use it?  

Audio books are a great tool, but reading aloud to your students is important.  Computer games are a great tool to use "free time" and reinforce learning, but what about playing physical games as well?  I think the key is moderation.  The thoughtful use of technology will be more beneficial in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment