Saturday, November 12, 2011

Reflection #7

A thought came to me...how does education truly benefit from technology?  I understand that learning can be enhanced by technological devices, and using technology keeps up with the times.  I think what may have prompted this thought was a comment made the other day about overhead projectors, and how essentially "old school" and out dated they are.  I wholeheartedly agree that they're old and there is better technology available, but I can't help but think about my growing-up years.  

I attended school in a small town in Montana with a relatively low school budget.  Our needs were always met, but most teachers used overhead projectors regularly and other basic technologies.  Late in high school, we purchased our first two smart boards, but only a few teachers chose to use them.  The point I'm trying to make is that my (high) school had very limited access to a variety of technology, but managed well.  While I see many benefits of technology, I simply wonder how essential it is.  Please share your thoughts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment