I realized today that technology, used in a classroom, is only effective if the teacher is prepared. I know, I know, it's not a terribly unique or innovative thought, but it's important.
I spent a little time thinking about how one of my classes often feels unsettled and slightly disorganized. It always seemed to happen when the professor wanted to show us something on the screen or play an excerpt from a song...really, anything that involves *technology*!
The professor is slightly abstract and makes quick decisions about showing us a document rather than having everything set and prepared before coming to class. This definitely gives the class a disorganized vibe, and while it's workable, it's not ideal.
The moral of the story? Technology works best if you know what you want to use and are prepared to properly use it.
Well said, Beth. I definitely agree. I also think that a good teacher should be able to adapt to situations where they have to use technology unexpectedly or when the tech malfunctions. Plan everything, but be ready to throw the plan out the window.Thanks for the thought!
ReplyDelete