Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Post #9

First, let me just say that I'm very impressed with the doctor's use of his iPhone to help his patients understand what he's explaining!  


I like the ideas for using video in class.  I hadn't gone much beyond the idea of filming presentations and skits.  To be able to record the students' responses to show them later or to send home to parents would be excellent, especially when tracking progress.  I also like the idea of putting the emphasis on learning rather than a grade by asking the students what they are doing and recording their answer.

Finally, I greatly support the concept of a student recording themselves solving a challenging math problem and explaining each step.  From personal experience, I can say that teaching someone else a concept GREATLY strengthens my confidence and ability in that topic.  Explaining a tough math problem and recording it with the added incentive to show the video to parents would be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment