Friday, October 7, 2011

Reflection #2

Using the smart response clickers in our last class reminded me of using the same clickers in my Educational Psychology class last semester.  In our class, we used the clickers to submit answers to quiz-style questions while in Educational Psychology, the questions were opinion based...I believe the lecture focused on the issue of morality and ethics.  Thinking about the differences between these classes brought me to thinking about the benefits of using the clickers.

I think the most important benefit of using the clickers in class is that students will be more willing to take risks in answering questions.  For me, especially in the Ed. Psych class, anonymity greatly helped my willingness to be honest in answering these controversial questions.  I think in the regular classroom, then, students will be more likely to answer with what they believe the answer to be, rather than what they think the popular answer is.  Also, they won't have to fear judgement from other students.

All in all, I really like the idea of using clickers as a means to occasionally conduct quizzes and surveys in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of using the clickers as a way to quiz the students, I know in elementary school I did not always raise my hand when I though (B) was the correct answer but when everyone else in the class did. I think that this is a good way to get ride of some of peer pressure issues that students may face and not wanting to be the only student that raises their hand for one answer.

    ReplyDelete