Truthfully, I had no concept of how much technology is available to use in the classroom. Sure, I knew about smart boards and clickers, document cameras and computer activities. Before this class, however, I had never heard of Glogster, Vocaroo, Animoto, Storybird, and Rubistar, to name a few. Also, I assumed that these types of technology would be too difficult for young students to work with, but I've learned that these little "Digital Natives" we're teaching not only pick up this technology quickly, but might even be able to teach the teachers how to use it fully.
As far as the NETS I focused on this semester, I think my final project covers them, therefore, I've made progress on them. For students, I wanted to explore the concept of research and information fluency. This project requires the students to dig in and find information about specific topics. For teachers, I focused on facilitating and inspiring student learning and creativity. The project I created gives students structure and specific goals and expectations to meet while giving them freedom to move around and be creative within the expectations. They will create a video and a Glog, both are free open to creativity.
No comments:
Post a Comment